The author of Saving for a Wedding asked me to add a link for her. Done.
The average age of a bride is 26
The average age of a groom is 27
The average cost of a wedding in 2006 $28,736
Amount of money spent on the wedding industry last year $2.1 billion dollars.
How to save money on your wedding
- Elope - most resort locations will give you a free ceremony and other perks, or just walk down to the local courthouse. Have the after party at your house.
- Be your own DJ - Setup a playlist on your iPod plug it in to some nice speakers and get your groove on.
- Don't invite everyone you know, make it more intimate, cut the guest list down to those people you truly care about, forget your long lost cousin twice removed
- Buffets are much more affordable than paying for meals by the plate, have your mom make spagetti, pasta is cheap, easy, and filling
- BYOB or cash bar, don't pay for your friends and family to get sloshed
Take home message: Don't turn your BIG DAY into a BIG DEBT!