Pages

Save money on your high speed internet

This might be a bit much, but it will pay off in the long run. If you have Comcast buy your own cable modem. Every month you are charged $3.00 to rent their modem. You can purchase a refurbished modem for $1 from Ebay (that's where I got mine) the shipping is $10 for a total of $11. In four months this will pay off. As of today my cable bill will be $3 cheaper every month. It seems small now, but finding a few of these shortcuts can save you big money in the long run.

4 comments:

  1. Good Advice, and it does definitely add up over time. My previous cable provider was even more than that: around $5-6/month, I believe.

    Not to mention it was a small area where they had a monopoly on broadband. Compared to where I live now, I was paying 2x as much for 1/2 the service.

    But who can really survive on dial-up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:07 PM

    That's a great idea! Did you look for any particular brand of modem. Hey, e-mail me at debthater AT gmail dot com and let me know just how you went about this. I want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have Comcast also. Did you buy the same modem that they offer? Or can you use any cable modem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the same modem that I had. I'm sure you use a different modem, but I'd check with your internet provider first to make sure it'll work.

    ReplyDelete

Add to the conversation